Give the gift of choice
Looking for a way to give money that is more convenient and safer* than giving cash, which is also widely accepted and more versatile than 'store' gift cards and vouchers?
Mastercard has the answer for you: prepaid gift cards.
Prepaid gift cards offer a lot of advantages. Whereas a gift voucher or traditional gift card is often tied to a particular merchant or shopping centre, a Mastercard or Maestro prepaid gift card can be used wherever Mastercard or Maestro cards are accepted – which means millions of merchant locations worldwide, and over the internet as well.
Plus, the person you give the card to can use it to buy a gift of their choice.
Most of the Mastercard or Maestro prepaid gift cards you will see are instantly available, but they can be loaded with money only once. The advantage of this is that the person buying the card doesn't need to have a bank account or present any identification documents at the time of purchase.
If you need assistance click here.
Prepaid gift card features at-a-glance:
- Card can be used immediately
- Can be loaded at the time of purchase with cash, by using a debit or credit card, or via bank transfer
- Provides flexibility: user can choose where the money is spent, including over the internet
- More secure than giving cash or paper gift vouchers*
- Internet access to balance, account information, and transaction history
- Can be used at millions of locations worldwide
Click here to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Are you a card issuer?
Please see our business pages for further details.
*A lost or stolen card can be stopped and the balance transferred to a replacement card. Terms & conditions apply.